Monday 14 October 2013

Diary of a Part-Time Student/Full-Time Mum...

...or should that read full-time student/part-time mum? Officially, I guess, I'm full-time at both endeavours but as with anything in life don't really have enough time for either. So with that in mind perhaps we should leave it as somewhat of a student and a sometime mother but in all likelihood partially failing on each front.

Some scene setting then. I'm a 30-something (now disappointingly closer to mid than early) married mother of two young kids; a terrific, if emotionally fragile 2-year-old boy henceforth to be known as Child 1 and a (dare I say it?) beautiful 6-month-old baby girl aka Child 2. I recently started a one year full-time masters degree in Public Relations at the London College of Communications in Elephant & Castle and thought to myself what could be better for a sleep deprived, hectically busy student/mum type than adding blogging to my list of things to do. Why not, eh? I'm a woman, I can multi task surely? She says trying to write and eat breakfast at the same time and choking on the latter. This does not bode well.

So everyday, more or less, after dropping the kids off at nursery I enter the Elephant as a frazzled mother of two infants and emerge on the other side a born again student, trying desperately to hold my own in a class with an average age of much younger than myself and not fall asleep during lectures.

Take this blog as a starting point, a statement of intent to document my year long adventure in juggling home and school life. I hope to update once a week but given I intended to begin this three weeks ago we may have to adopt an 'as and when' approach.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting insight into the life of a modern Mum - more power to your elbow (and maybe more sleep, too?) ...!

    ReplyDelete